Thursday, September 8, 2011

my creative space





We have another wall hanging. I didn't like the card in the middle, so if I can't come up with another way of incorporating a dhikr or quote, I have to leave it out. This one reminds me Algiers!






Aysh asked for a tutorial and I thought, "Yeah, why not." So there's something for me to add to my To Do list. Let's see if I can squeeze it in before I go back to work after a super long summer holiday!


The kids go back to school in two days and I have no idea how we're going to do that with our crazy sleeping patterns of late. My early-to-bed-early-to-rise kids are playing nintendo games at 11 pm, true to the culture of our host city!




Today, I'm happy about ...
  • Knowing that there's an alternative to my broken digital camera. Oh yes, that's how I've been using it, aimlessly!

  • Working on a project that will help someone, in sha Allah. 
  • And here's another one for all you knitters and crocheters.
  • Getting together with a dear friend and her lovely children to make sweet treats. You have to try these easy oreo truffles. There are no pictures due to the gobbling up of most of them by lots of little people after an afternoon at the pool. 
  • Winning a giveaway here and here! I'm SO excited!

7 comments:

moments September 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

oh I love that, and the shadow of it is so beautiful like in the previous post....ps..we have very similiar bedspreads!

Anisa umm imran September 10, 2011 at 1:48 PM  

masha`allah i love the clours of your crochet ... we have kids back to school tomorrow and i cant believe how the summer went by so quick masha`allah

Fruitful Fusion September 10, 2011 at 7:10 PM  

Thank you!!! Little moments, I can't bring myself to use it as a bedspread so it sits folded up and comes out as an easy backdrop for crochet photos!
Umm Imran, I know! Where did the summer go? Back to ironing uniforms and making packed lunches!

Karima September 10, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

Salam, from your newest follower, saw your blog on another sisters blog. I love crafts mainly sewing, would love it if you popped by my blog too. What is your connection with Algeria its mentioned a few times on your posts? My husband is Algerian that is why I ask. I look forward to your new posts, inshallah, Karima :) www.karimasblogs.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  September 12, 2011 at 3:54 PM  

This a beautiful wall hanging... lovely color combination and neat work... well done... looking forward to your tutorial :)

Pearlin J September 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM  

I am also obsessed with this colour combo lately, yours is soo pretty.Will look forward to the tutorial

Aysh September 16, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

WOW!!MAshaAllah and thank you for squeezing my little equest into your schedule!:D You are a darling!
My kid starts Kindergarten this week...oh I am so excited too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP