Monday, March 19, 2012

grey day

It's so very grey here today, There is dust and sand everywhere. It started yesterday and it doesn't look like it's stopping any time soon. Schools closed and some hygiene masks were given out.


Something about grey weather makes me want to sip tea and craft. So I added some bolder rounds to my Wool Eater (or Cotton Eater, I should say). It might look strange now but I think it's heading in the right direction.


My Mum bought this lovely outfit ma sha Allah and she asked me to add a little crochet detail to it. It's probably one of the best things she could ask me to do for her.

I hope she likes it!


A fellow Raveler had some queries about the star stitch pattern, so I'm trying to put some visual clarifications together.


I did manage to get up and get moving and realised that my 9 year old son does a good job motivating me when it comes to working out ma sha Allah. 


These Fig Newton-y slices were made with brown flour when the weather was better. 


Now I have to find things for the kids to do!


I hope the weather is faring well where you are.







6 comments:

Umm Maimoonah March 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM  

Assalaamu Alaikum Subhanallaah the weather is the same hear. My daughter was so scared of the wind storm and in fact saying the dua for it several times! Insha Allaah its much better now and they say it will clear by tomorrow noon! Makes us think and ponder Allaah is indeed the controller of All affairs! Love your grey day activities! Would like to borrow some : )

Heather March 20, 2012 at 5:37 AM  

Lovely creations! Stay safe!

deros March 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM  

you work and busy even in grey day, envy you (good way) and i still lazy
you know, i try to be same you in life - with kids, in life, on work, at kitchen:)
take care and don't stop to give me this best example how to woman must to be

Anne Butera March 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM  

Yes, stay safe! And sip your tea and work on beautiful things. I don't think your cotton eater looks strange at all! I think it's beautiful, especially with the new colors. Really makes the design pop! And I'm sure your mum will adore the crocheted detail you added to her outfit. Just lovely!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures March 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM  

I thought it was so weird that schools were closed here on Sunday because the weather on Saturday was so much worse. Blue skies were back yesterday and today. Hope things cleared up over there. The detail you added to the outfit is lovely. And those fig newtons look delish! Hope your day was a good one. Tammy

Fruitful Fusion March 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM  

Umm Maimoonah, wa alaykum salaam. So true! It does make me think of the Power of the Creator. It's still grey and dusty here today and I'm just trying to keep busy!

Thank you Heather!

Deros, I'm in awe of what YOU do! Alhamdulillah we all inspire each other!

Anne, thank you very much. I'm really just winging it with that blanket :)

Thank you Tammy. I'm glad your skies have cleared up. Ours haven't yet. I heard that it was a storm that came through from Iraq!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP