Thursday, April 26, 2012

a knitter or crocheter for all seasons - 3KCBWDAY4

Seasons? What are they? Where I am, it's hot ... and hotter. No, I joke, because in reality, some "winter" days are quite spring-like, with gentle breezes, and cool mornings. But generally that's it. I do miss the varying seasons. So does the crafter in me.


When I'm sensible, I crochet items for the home or something light and lacy.

Bags and cushions are great too, as it doesn't usually matter how warm they are.



For wearables I tend to stick to cottons.



And for blankets the warm and wash-friendly acrylics are fine.



Sometimes though, my craving for the seasons, namely spring and autumn, are reflected in my colour choices.




Warm tones for autumnal bliss.






And light and bright for spring's freshness.





This post is part of the 3rd Knit and Crochet Blog Week. To see other participating bloggers' posts, just google the tag: 3KCBWDAY4
posted from Bloggeroid

11 comments:

Sketched Soul April 26, 2012 at 2:02 AM  

Wonderful post! And love the collection :)

Pigtails April 26, 2012 at 5:21 AM  

Asalaama Alaikum - what is winter LOL! Lovely posting and blog. We lived 8 years in the UAE and now nearly 2 in Penang and uhm I so know about hot and hotter LOL. In the UAE we had two seasons. In Penang just 1! We are also gearing up for another move in 2 months - more of the same hot and hotter. Cheers, off to check out ALL of your blog.

Fruitful Fusion April 26, 2012 at 2:22 PM  

Thanks Farhana!

PigTails, wa alaykum salaam. Thanks for visiting! Oh Malaysia is lovely! Where are you moving to next?

Ana (Lanas Hilos) April 26, 2012 at 2:32 PM  

I can relate, because here we just have one season, but it is Spring! I cannot complain.
I enjoyed seeing your lovely projects.
Ana BC

Maryam April 26, 2012 at 5:02 PM  

we're ok for seasons in Algeria mashallah...in the winter it is freezing though, but then I come from london and am used to that!

I really love the blankets you make mashallah.

Fruitful Fusion April 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM  

Thank you Ana and Maryam.

Ana, I miss Spring! :(

Maryam, that's one of the things I'm looking forward to in sha Allah!

ireminisces April 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM  

Wow im impressed, Someone once asked Hadhrat Ibraheem bin Adham (Allaah have mercy upon him) for advice. Come and have a look at "Six Habits"

jessyz April 26, 2012 at 7:27 PM  

We have the same problem here, I use a lot of cotton too. And you can always make bags and coasters :-)

Stacy April 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM  

Your knitting and crochet is beautiful. I especially like the yellow and blue bag. I enjoyed reading your blog week posts very much.

Hindustanka April 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM  

Hello! I like your works, so nice colours and very neatly done!
Please, tell me, how do you attach a zip to a crochet purse or a make up kit? I would like to try on my newly done purse too :)
Thanks!

Fruitful Fusion April 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM  

Indianka, I used JessyZ's tutorial: http://www.chocolatemintsinajar.com/craft/2010/09/quick-dirty-adding-zipper-crochet-pouch/
and if you check out her blog you'll see a tute for a zipper with lining.
Thanks everyone for stopping by with your kind comments!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP