Wednesday, April 25, 2012

my knitting or crochet hero - 3KCBWDAY3

I've never seen my mum knit but she bought me a pair of needles and some yarn when I was 10 years old and taught me to cast on. She saw me through the frustration of learning to knit a stitch. Then my aunt, her sister, who used to be an avid knitter, taught me how to purl and create a little box pattern. She bought me some yarn too in bright, vibrant colours. Twenty years later, I went at that yarn with a hook!

I'd seen my nan crochet very briefly. I saw the beautiful yarn creations of others and once I started seeking out guides on the net, that was it!

My journey through crochet has been one that I've thoroughly enjoyed. And funnily enough it took me back to knitting too!

So, who's my hero? There is no way I could pick one! No way!
My heroes are
- the ones that share and in turn inspire through all of their craft work, be it on beautiful blogs or by working on something in public, whatever
- the ones that design the gorgeous work
- the ones that teach it via youtube, or come to the aid of fellow yarncrafters on ravelry, on how-to sites, on blogs and of course, old school,real life classes :)
And most importantly
- the ones that encourage us by starting us off, giving us the gift of learning a new skill, accepting our humble, handmade gifts, graciously, by asking us about our crafts and by pushing us to keep crafting

Is this a cheat answer to day 3's question?



I can't help it. It's just not simple!

posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments:

Anonymous,  April 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM  

I don't think it's a cheat answer at all. Heroism is normally about someone or something exceptional, but knitting (and crochet) has it's greatest strength not in the actions of an individual or a small few, but in the massive community which teaches and learns and supports each other's skills.

moonstruckcreations April 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM  

I think its a great answer!

Helenxx

jessyz April 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM  

I think it is a wonderful answer.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP