Friday, August 10, 2012

my creative space - staying creative

I finally got the cup covers finished! Yes Tammy, that's what they were. Arabic coffee cups are teeny tiny, so the IKEA Pokal glasses are perfect for serving them up and the crochet embellished ones seemed to be a winner at the bazaar (I know I still need to publish my bazaar tips post)

I did find that I hadn't estimated things well though, namely how much it would cost me, in TIME! Thanks to everyone for your comments about this in my last post. I really appreciate you sharing your opinions and experiences. I do think that you have to watch your pricing carefully. It's not nice when you put effort in to making something only to sell it for a price you think is just too cheap! Having deadlines too ... agh no comment! 

A friend of mine has asked me to crochet her a hat that she has designed. But she has said "Take all the time you need with it. Crocheting is something you love, and I want you to enjoy making my hat." Aw ma sha Allah!

Things are quite hectic at home, so I'm glad to be free of a few deadlines. We are now

nearing the end of Ramadan (the month of fasting) and it's a special time for worship. I 

will have in laws joining me and then it will be 'Eid, which is always family time! And 

then some moving around! In sha Allah. 

I'm joining the creative spaces here today. Kirsty asked for tips on staying creative and one of mine is to do something different. To try and shake things up a bit. I love to crochet and even knit. But since I have been cooking up meals for my family, I've been trying to get creative in the kitchen. 


chicken pastry puffs


Khoubz Tounis or "Tunisian Bread" made with all of my leftover stale bread! Great recipe here!

I've cooked up healthy treats for myself too. But I'll have to share them with you another day!

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures August 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM  

Your cup covers are very pretty. The Lebanese are very good at crocheting and embellishing their service ware -- right down to the tips of the spoons. I've seen sets sold here but very, very expensive. Nice of your friend to tell you to take your time with the hat. I don't like deadlines at all. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Lorybeat August 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM  

Can I have a coffee please, and a bit of that cake... hmmm Yummy!

take care, Lorena

Fruitful Fusion August 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM  

True Tammy. I've seen some creative little bits like that.

Lorena, right away! ;)

Anonymous,  August 11, 2012 at 6:43 AM  

MASHA-ALLAH I think thou art indeed very creative, sister ....? May I know your name? :)

I think you're really good at crocheting (sp?) too. I used to crocheting back in school, in one of the Arabic schools I went to for Art class, and after a long time of not crocheting I can't even remember how to attach the strings to the needles.

anyway, interesting blog. I'll 'follow' this blog as well as the other one 'with a Saudi accent'. speaking of accent, how's your Arabic accent? Must be Saudi, am I right? :)

love you for Allah's sake because I've found another sister in Islam who not only reads Surat Al-Kahf on Fridays to follow the Sunnah of the Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam but who is also very creative like I believe I am :o)


advance Eid Al-Fitr Mubarak! :)

wasalaam

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP