Friday, September 28, 2012

my creative space - this week ...

... started in Madinah, a city four hours north of Jeddah, where the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) migrated to.



The climate there is hotter and drier than Jeddah.


And it was probably our last trip there before we leave!


Later in the week, I met up with a lovely young lady, who has some great ideas on giving back to the community ma sha Allah! 



We spent the morning discussing a few things that I'd love to tell you about. It has something to do with recycling plastic bags, crochet and impoverished women. Are you in Jeddah, like to crochet and think you'd like to get involved? Let me know and I'll fill you in!


I've also spent time with friends and family. At times I've felt that I was "catching up" and then realisation dawned on me that I might not see these beautiful people again. Living in foreign countries, moving to foreign countries, this is how it goes. I can't imagine how I will feel when my parents leave on Thursday after living in Saudi Arabia for 23 years! So I will deal with that first and then my own move. There is a lot going on in my head. But yes, JenMunaAnne and Kate, it will be an adventure, with lots of new things to learn and experience in sha Allah. I am looking forward to that.


While walking around and taking it all in, I spotted these


Contemporary, Arabic artwork on sale.

Finally, two things before I leave, to spend a bit more time with my family and friends. 

Tracy Ann has included one of my patterns here. There are some lovely crochet bag patterns there! It's an honour. Thank you Tracy Ann!

And that funny shaped spoon thing I asked about last time?


Yes, a spoon holder! Well done, A New Wife! You got that right!

Check out some great creative spaces here.


9 comments:

Heather September 28, 2012 at 6:13 PM  

What a beautiful city! And I like to artwork as well.

khadijah September 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM  

assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu
wow sis masha'Allah it is forever been my dream since Islam that I make hijrah to Madinah....and visit my in-laws in Jeddah! insha'Allah i will be able to meet u one day!!! and you can teach me crocheting!!

ohh and that giant spoon! lol my mom has the EXACT same one in the kitchen...and it often goes overlooked...but comes in SO HANDY in the kitchen masha'Allah!

your pictures were so beautiful masha'Allah!!

btw....sorry, but are you still interested in the interview? Please let me know either way :)
xo
Khadijah @ www.onechinesemuslimah.blogspot.com

Anisa umm imran September 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM  

masha`allah sis ... madinah a beautiful place .... insha`allah all will go well in everything you do

moonstruckcreations September 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM  

MashaAllah, looks like you had a wonderful time in Madinah.

Hope everything goes well with the move inshaAllah.

Helenxx

Seaweed and Raine September 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM  

Blessings for your move. I hope it won't be too stressful.

Tammy September 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM  

It's nice to see clean spaces and tree lined paths. There's a Trash to Treasure group and the Salvation Army here that teach women in shelters to crochet with plastic bags which are then sold so that they are able to make money for necessities and are also able to take a craft with them back to their country when they are repatriated. A wonderful cause! Wishing you all the best with the move. Tammy

raining sheep September 30, 2012 at 5:16 AM  

Hi, thank you for stopping by my space on the internet. I love the green piece of art in the photo. All the best for your move. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous,  October 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM  

Hi!!!
The pictures are fantastic and the city looks wonderful!!
I'm sure you'll be fine. It'll be your "new adventure" and you'll find new and interesting things!!
A big hug!
Lau

Lorybeat October 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM  

All the pictures so lovely and the Arabian art work is fantastic! the Arabic words are so pretty...
I like the clash between the modern and traditional... 2 worlds in 1.
take care!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP