Friday, September 14, 2012

our own junior masterchef


I had to share these here because I mentioned it in my last post and the kids (mine and my brothers) did such an amazing job ma sha Allah! They're ages range from 2 to 12. The 2, 4 and 5 year olds were in a group and had help of course in making the Iced Heaven, the yummy ice cream cake on left. 


The other children chose their own dishes and flavours and just stunned us. My 9 year old son made the Triple Threat Pizzas (3 different and interesting toppings) and my 12 year old daughter made The Shrimp Escape (top left), a delicious shrimp pie! 


My 6 year old nephew made the Meat Vs. Fish lasagne (left). He named it himself! My 10 year old daughter made the Cracked Chocolate Cake (with butterscotch pieces in it!) and my 7 year old niece made the Kamikaze Wings with Sushi (scrumptious, spicy chicken wings in a peanut sauce).  


A lot of work went in to organizing it, getting the shopping done and coordinating 8 kids in a kitchen. My brother and his wife, with some help from my youngest brother, did a great job with it. I know the kids loved it and I think activities like this are such a confidence boost too. We didn't score the dishes. We had to guess who made what! 

Have you tried anything like this with a bunch of kids before? 

8 comments:

Anonymous,  September 15, 2012 at 2:28 AM  

Hi!!
What beautiful food!! Very good children!! Bravo!!!

khadijah September 15, 2012 at 4:23 AM  

assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu!
masha'Allah that is absolutely the lovliest thing ever!!! all the meals looked delicious and you must haev all had such fun in the kitchen! what a great activity to bring together the family!

xo
Khadijah @ www.onechinesemuslimah.blogspot.com

Fiona September 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM  

My goodness ... that looks fantastic! I think it's great to get children interested in cooking. I hope it all tasted as good as it looks.

Anonymous,  September 15, 2012 at 2:26 PM  

Hi!!! I have awarded you with a prize! Come on my blog to take it! :)

Fruitful Fusion September 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM  

Laura, bravo indeed! They did a great job! And thanks for the prize!!!

Khadijah, wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh. I had it easy and just turned up after the meals were cooked!!!

Fiona, oh yes, the food was even better than it lookded. We were just stunned at how well they'd done!

Unknown September 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM  

Salaamu aleikoum machallah what fun you all had there ... interesting thing to try with my youngins too! barakAllahu fiki for sharing! <3

Yarny Days September 24, 2012 at 3:10 AM  

SO awesome and everything looks so delicious! They did do such a great job.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP