Wednesday, October 10, 2012

chocolat ... shokolaatah ... chocolate!


Did you know it was chocolate week in the UK? I found out over at Laura's blog. It reminded me of chocolate! Yes, I had to be reminded of chocolate. Surprise surprise! I hadn't eaten chocolate in AGES ... until today. I had a couple of pieces in my freezer, leftovers from our chocolate treats from the UK. I'd kept them for myself but after I ate them, I didn't feel "the happy hormone". I just thought "Maybe chocolate's a bit overrated"!!! I probably won't win any popularity contests with that thought, but that is how I felt. It was just too sweet as well. 


I've blogged about chocolate before. I've had a different sort of relationship with it ... up until now! No, I'm not just on a "diet". It's a whole shift in emotion and yes, it has shifted some weight too. I have gotten to know myself better and I could really relate to Kat's Worthiness Wednesday post: Feed Your Soul Hunger. I'm really trying to do just that but I won't bore you with my thoughts on it all.* And I'm not going to be a killjoy either (or a party pooper as my Stateside friends might say), so I made my own chocolate! But I'm not craving it, which is a slightly scary thought. 


I used 5 tablespoons of good coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of cocoa, a couple of almonds, chopped, and 1 sachet of Steviana. I put the paste into an ice cube tray and froze it. Let me know if you try it! I've added orange zest before too!

* If, for any reason, you are interested in knowing more about my lifestyle changes, I'd be happy to fill you in. Just drop me an email at: fruitfulfusion@live.co.uk or leave me a comment here with your email address (I won't publish any email addresses). 

3 comments:

Sketched Soul October 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM  

LOL@the happy hormone

I'm actually not a chocolate fan ..I know, I know, very weird.. I think cuz it just doesn't agree with me.

Your home made chocolate looks awesome!

Mai October 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM  

Mashaa'Allah, tabaarakIllah on the lifestyle changes. Sounds like it's ALL GOOD. I'm sending you a big SMILE!

Guess we could end up forming the "Not addicted to chocolate group!" I, too, am not a chocolate craver, mashaa'Allah. However, vanilla is a different story...and fruit...mmmmmm!

For all the chocolate lovers in my life, I make milk chocolate brownie balls, which are totally healthy and yet nobody cares about that - they just love them. They are simply 1/4 cup almonds ground with 1/2 a vanilla bean, 20 pitted dates (the dried, not fresh, and 1 tablespoon (1.5 if you like a stronger taste) of cocoa. Process it all together until smooth and roll into small balls. I roll them in chopped nuts or coconut. I, too, have added orange zest before now, and it was a big hit, mashaa'Allah.

Love, dua', and salaams!

Mai

Anonymous,  October 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM  

Hi Ishrat!!! I couldn't live without chocolate...it's too good!! :) Thank you for the recipe!!
I really like reading your posts! Thank you, I can feel you're happy. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP