Thursday, October 11, 2012

my creative space - geeky excitement and hooking for a cause

After the major hooking session last week (panic crochet or what?), things have been a bit light. A friend had asked for some hairbands. I think the added pony tail bands should give the right amount of elasticity. In sha Allah!


And I've been playing with more plastic. For now, let me show you one project idea: 

 Recycling plastic coated hangers AND plastic bags for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! 

We're hoping to come up with crochet designs using plastic bags (which we have so much of here!) that impoverished women can be to taught to make and then sell. A Jeddah organisation called Ateeq will help with marketing and another organisation called Rawaj is providing a venue for workshops. Would you like to help out? Email me or leave me a comment, if you think you would!



And today's the day!!! Geekfest Gamma here we come! Of course, I'll tell you all about it! 

For now, check out more creative spaces here! And blogtoberfest here!

2 comments:

Heather October 11, 2012 at 9:28 PM  

What a fabulous idea! I will learn to crochet and help you next year, if you do it again.

IKHWANI October 12, 2012 at 2:30 AM  

Salam..love the idea of the elastic hairband! been following your blog for quite sometime..you always have a fresh idea. Jazakallah..

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP