Friday, November 23, 2012

my creative space - finding ...

... that crocheting with plastic is FULL of challenges but it's growing on me!

... that it's great to do something different on the weekend

... that I don't always appreciate the nature of glowing, pre-dusk sunlight, even if it is in amongst the concrete

... some tiled patterns on a walk

... that I don't miss this kind of thing as much as I thought I would

... that even after shopping for that dress, I keep having the urge to take pictures of dresses. Is my subconscience telling me something?


... a nice day bed, not buying it, just admiring it

... that after 14 years of marriage, I didn't know that my husband once had a summer job carving traditional, wooden furniture and that his mother used to make her own looms, all by herself and weave mats, some of which were made out of recycled plastic bags ... YES, she was in the game well before us trocheters

... that it's been raining today!

... that Palestine is in the thoughts and prayers of many

And here my other new and not so new "finds":

a shop full of handcrafted items, where they have done new things with traditional Arabic accessories (yes, those wrap-around trousers)

and they have this great gift idea of a recipe and spice mix (this is one is for Kablie Rice)

and everything is made by needy women!


a creative mint - beautiful, creative blog

annie's place - and another one!

alternating cast-on for ultimate stretch - a knitting tutorial I'd like to try!

a great way to use up those awful adhesive book covers that I didn't have to use this year because our paperwork hasn't come through and so we decided to homeschool the kids full time!

thought walking - a great way to solve problems (article)

My contributions to #amonthof #mycreativespace can be found on instagram! I'm Fruitful Fusion .... what else? Look me up! 

And more creative spaces here!

3 comments:

Pearlin J November 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM  

beautiful finds! very interesting read too

Anonymous,  November 26, 2012 at 7:15 PM  

Love your pictures, masha'allah! Your posts are never boring to read. :)

Heather November 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM  

Fabulous photos! And I think you should buy that marvelous day bed and then sit on it and eat that entire box of yummy cupcakes! (I'll come over and help :-) )

On an unrelated note, I am learning to crochet and will be able to make some breast cancer ribbons for next year. My mom has also offered to make some.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP