Monday, March 22, 2010

books, knitting and crochet

... are things that I'm pretty much in to.  Well, maybe not so much the "knitting" part!

Did you catch my post about a certain design book obsession we often have here?  We are indulging again.  Just a little.


I was given a gift too!  Ma sha Allah! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry though.  


Laugh: I've been wanting to have another go with the knitting needles. 
Cry: I was given this book because it was thought that all of that stuff I do with a HOOK and yarn is "knitting"!!!  

I am looking forward to a little knitting challenge though.
Moving swiftly onwards (to crochet!), just when you thought I'd had enough of year-long crochet-alongs and piles of various squares ...


What?  No crazy colours?  Yes, this time we have homogenous yarn and colour coordination.  Talk about organised, eh? 


Hmmm, ok, there might be some craziness in the colour, but only because it has been requested by a 7 year old!

And look what we saw at our "local", Swedish furniture store! 


The pictures are not so great, but those are crocheted appliques.  AND it was my 8 year old who spotted that first!  AND she said, "You can make those!" In sha Allah another project idea?


They do have quite a bit of crochet going on in their Bathroom section:


But there was one really cool one that I just can't find!  A circley one.  Have you seen it?


9 comments:

ayah March 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

assalamu aleikum!
i love the colours of the first set of squares, mashAllah! can't wait to see what they will turn into :)

Baa-Me Kniits March 23, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

Did you want a pattern for the round one or the actual thing?

Fruitful Fusion March 23, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Jenni, I just couldn't find a pic of it. Do you have the basket itself? I don't have a pattern for it, but I'd like try it out anyway!

Ayah, can you tell I'm planning on sticking to more autumn colours?

Kate March 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

Love the knitting book story, too funny. And I love the first lot of squares sooooo much, just gorgeous!

Rainbow In The Grey Sky March 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

I like the sqyares mashaAllah tidly neat! iam making the rectangle baskets at the momemt subhanAllah but they yarn is pricy and so etimes i feel its cheeper to buy ready made.

Anonymous,  March 28, 2010 at 1:43 AM  

lovely squares :o)

Eva March 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

wow, I'd love one for my daughter's room, she's in need of some curtains actually... if you make it I can't wait to see it!

Aysh May 12, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

LOL! @ the knitting book! My hubby felt the same way...he was always thinking the sam thing until I showed him my knitting needles and then the crochet ones.
I was wondering...do you visit My Library at Rawda? Just wondering...:)
Yes I noticed the ikea motifs too and I love their baskets.they are so useful in organising stuff that usually falls out

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP