Tuesday, January 1, 2013

a 2012 round up ...

... kind of. Because not everything can be documented in a blog. Life happens and some things are not "captured", and rightly so. But here's an attempt at rounding up some of those things because it's great to look back, with some positivity, with some lessons learnt, some memories and then to move forward with more determination in sha Allah. 

I tried some new things ...

like holding crochet classes with the hopes of more crafty sessions


and homeschooling, which forced me to get more creative with my children (and to get to know what makes them tick, much better!)

and changing the way I eat, which has helped me to get to know myself better (and started me on a road to a healthier me)

I got more involved in the community ...

with the TROCHET project (the major work-in-progress which was mentioned here, here and here and has it's own space here)

and taking part in a craft auction



signing up to the usual link party, one for the first time, not being able to commit to some as much as I'd like and not being able to contribute at all. This may carry on in to the next year!

There were some highs:


Helen's giveaway

Elena made a video tutorial of one of my patterns ... in Italian!



And there were some lows ...

Saying goodbye to so many expat friends but the hardest goodbye was to my parents 

Some projects were finished ...

a shrug/bolero in a panic


large orders of crocheted arabic coffee cup covers (that had me questioning taking orders!)



and more cards


Needless to say a lot of projects were started!

A few places were visited ...


Makkah



Some baking was done too (but not as much of the fancy stuff this year)















Well, there you have it. Some of what we were up to. I feel that a lot of lessons were learnt this Gregorian year. I just hope I can keep it all in mind. I also feel that there are changes to be made bi idhnillahi ta'aala.

7 comments:

deros January 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM  

Full, full year.
Happy new craft year and good luck in everything
With love
deros ;)

***

Fruitful Fusion January 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM  

Thank you M! I'm sure it was a full year for you too! :)
xxx

moonstruckcreations January 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM  

Wow, what a busy, busy year you had mashaAllah!

Im very touched that my little giveaway made it into your highlights section.

We are on holiday at the moment, my mum and family and friends celebrate Christmas (although not in a religious way it has to be said,more a getting together kind of way) so we have had some nice times and lovely meals together. We exchange gifts, which I mostly make and they also send us gifts at Eid - so we both get to join in each others special times.

I really love those arabic tea glasses and their gorgeous crochet jackets!

Helenxx

Tammy January 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM  

Looks to me like 2012 was a productive, creative, successful year! Wishing you a new year filled with wonderful possibility! Blessings, Tammy

Unknown January 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM  

تقبل الله
I wish to see Makkah. I wonder how could you take photo. I thought it's forbidden to have a camera there.

Happy crochet!
http://arezoo4.blogspot.com

Fruitful Fusion January 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM  

Thank you Helen. Of course your giveaway was one of my highlights! :)
Tammy, I'm wishing you well too!
Arezoo, ameen! In sha Allah you will see Makkah too. I think now that most people have cameras on their mobiles, they don't really, aggressively, stop anyone from taking pictures.

Anne Butera February 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM  

So, I'm a little behind in my blog hopping... But I'm glad to be caught up. Just had to comment on this beautiful post about your beautiful year!

Cheers!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP